Thursday, November 18, 2010

One Long Week

So i was trying to figure out how i was going to get everything done this week. We had a HS meeting on Monday a 190 mile round trip to therapy with a hour and half session Tuesday, foster mom playgroup Wednesday, and home school swim class on Thursday. That would take up everyday but Friday and i wanted to get 6 lessons done with Bunny this week instead of 5 so we could take off an extra day for Thanksgiving break. Well i thought i had it all figured out and then cold season hit us in FULL force.
By Monday afternoon Buc was sick on the recliner, Bunny on the couch, Bubbas sound asleep on the rocking chair and Buster fighting off a fever in bed. I was kinda taking advantage to the quietness while the baby napped to catch-up on some laundry when the school called saying "Taters running a fever, you need to come pick her up." I know sooner got 1/4 mile form the school and she started to throw up all over herself and car seat. So after i got her changed and on the couch i had more laundry and a car seat to scrub. Oh and not to forget Bubbas who had woke up running a fever right along with the other ones. So i called Shawn and said "bring home some more Advil its going to be a long night."

When Duckie called after school and found out what was going on the first thing he said was "Please take a pair of jeans and a tee shirt and hang them on the outside of the door i'll swing by after play practice and pick them up. I think i'll stay with grandma tonight." Well that was fine with me because he has the lead in the school play that opens friday night.
Tuesday went about the same only it didn't involve any puke just alot of rocking, sleeping and cartoon watching. Duckie called again after school only to say i'm on my way home i feel terrible and i need to sleep awhile before play practice.

 I barely made it through supper just feeling drained and a little smothered when i thought it couldn't get any worse. Oh but it did, the power went out! So Shawn rigged up a flashlight from the ceiling fan so Bunny, Buc and him could play cards. While i read books to the little ones, all while the baby cried for a warm bottle that i just couldn't produce. Well after everyone had taken a flashlights to bed, the baby had decided that a cold bottle was better than no bottle and finally crashed and i, well i went to bed crying, the power did come back on.
The next couple days have went better and everyone is slowly getting better. Buster did need a trip to the Dr. for antibiotics for a double ear infection and Duckie got a round of antibiotics because, well because the show can't go on without him (at least that's what he thinks.)

But the best thing about the week was when, through all the chaos, i heard my sweet little Sissy bouncing up and down in her jump-up saying "Ma-ma, Ma-ma." It was music to my ears. It took me 7 kids to hear ma-ma as a first word and I'm gonna hold on to that forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment