Thursday, February 9, 2012

2-07-2012

I don't have a picture for today. The picture I took is safely saved on my Ipod and I hope to be able to add it someday.

It is a picture of my sweet baby Coco in a little peach hospital gown. We spent 5 hours in the ER tonight.

When I was making supper I had put her in her bouncy seat on the floor in the kitchen so I could talk to her as I was cooking. I thought it was safe for me to walk in the living room for a minute and check something on the computer. Tator was playing in her room, Sissy was in the playpen, and Bubbas was in the dinning room playing where I could see him from the living room. Right after I walked into the living room Shawn came in from work and said something to me. All the sudden we heard a thud and no longer saw Buster. We ran out to the kitchen and Buster had pushed over the bouncy seat and baby Coco had fell forward and hit her head on the floor. We quickly picked her and the seat up, she was crying of course, but looked ok. I got her calmed down very quickly and she was even smiling at me. But it still bothered me that she had hit her head. We couldn't tell if the thud we heard was her head or the seat.

I called the on call worker at our agency and he said we should take her to the ER to make sure she didn't have a concussion. That was my thought too and I knew I wouldn't be able to relax if I didn't have her checked. Although by now she was laughing at us as we were trying to put her into her carseat.

No one seemed real worried about her at the hospital, she was acting fine and being as cute as ever. But after 5 long hours we saw a Dr. and had a CT scan. Which came back fine.

I don't know why she got knocked over, Buster said he was trying to push the seat over to where he was so she could watch him. I'm still struggling with the guilt that I walked out of the room even for a couple minutes and an accident happened. It was just a reminder to me how quick things can happen. I'm just so thankful everything was ok.

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything is okay. It really is amazing how fast things can happen, even when we are in the room and watching. Accidents just happen. Don't beat yourself up. You are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete