Sunday, June 17, 2012

No free time



Reasons I couldn't wait to be done with homeschooling for the summer.

  • I wanted to be able to get laundry washed, folded and actually put away all in the same day.
  • I was going to be able to bake more and think about supper before it was actually supper time.
  • I was going to read more, maybe even a book.
  • Go for a walk in the evenings.
  • I was going to spend time with the kids doing something other than school.
  • We were going to have days where there would be absolutely no electronics and we would play games together or read.
  • When I was a kid I can remember sitting on the front porch with my mom. I was hoping to start this tradition with my kids this summer.
  • We were going to spend time swimming in our new pool.
  • Blog more.




What is actually happening.

  • I did put some books on hold at the library, but haven't picked them up yet.
  • One of the kids is done with ball and we are heading into tournaments with another one.
  • We are having weekly meetings with the mental health board about Tator and they are making me feel like I'm finally being heard.
  • I joined weight watchers a couple weeks ago so I had an excuse to get out of the house alone.
  • The kids and I have started playing wiffle ball together.
  • We have time periods that they are not allowed electronics. I have had so many appointments that I have allowed the big kids to let the little ones watch t.v. while they are babysitting.
  • We are buying a plastic kids pool in case we don't get the big pool up and running.
  • I have blogged some, but mostly just put pictures on for my family who enjoys them.
  • I got the chance to sit on the front porch at the new house and hold baby Coco one time, while I waited for a delivery man to deliver new beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment