Monday, April 4, 2011

A Simple Act Of Kindness

   Friday as I was out running errands and my heart felt as if it was breaking in two after such a hard week with Tator. Knowing that the rest of the world (well most of it anyway) has no idea what a mother of a child from hard places deals with on a normal day to day basis. I put on my baseball cap along with a smile, so the rest of the world would have no idea how bad I was hurting on the inside.
 
   One of the stops I made was to our local meat market. To stock up on beef for the month. When I went in there was a friend from our church checking out who smiled at me and asked me how I was doing. I, of course said, "fine" and asked how she was doing. I got my meat and went to the check out counter and waited for her to finish up. She looked at me and said "Bye have a nice day" and I told her the same. Then the cashier put my meat in the bag and handed it to me, smiling, and said "yours has already been taken care of."

   It amazes me how God can give me a "hug" all the way from Heaven in the form of another person. Her simple act of kindness was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment